By Joshua J. Darling, Sports Information Director
LAGRANGE, Ga. – LaGrange (0-10, 0-5 CCS) women's tennis returned to action following a nearly two-week layoff, falling 8-1 to Collegiate Conference of the South (CCS) leading Piedmont (14-2, 5-0 CCS) in an NCAA Division III women's tennis match on Friday, April 14.
PU would jump out to an early 2-0 lead with an 8-0 decision at No. 2 doubles and 8-3 final at No. 1 doubles before junior Leila Moss (Suwanee, Ga.) and senior Karson Troth (Marshall, Mo.) pulled out an 8-7 victory at No. 3. The latter would be by a 7-2 score in the tiebreak.
That 2-1 margin would be as close as they would get, however, as the Lions allowed just five points total in singles play as they closed out the 8-1 decision.
The Panthers return to action on Saturday, April 15 as they host Covenant in league play. First serve is set for 1 p.m. with four individuals being recognized on Senior Day. Being honored will be Moss, Troth, Hannah Miller (Jacksonville, Fla.) and Kirsten Boyd (Alabaster, Ala.).
PIEDMONT 8, LAGRANGE 1
1. Dakota Wilkes/Abbey Grace Venham (PU) def. Hannah Miller/Abigail Fuller (LC) 8-3
2. Kaitlyn House/Marion Sloyan (PU) def. Journey Oden/Olivia Dusterdieck (LC) 8-0
3. Leila Moss/Karson Troth (LC) def. Sarah Row/Anna Lassiter (PU) 8-7 (7-2)
Order of Finish: 2,1,3
1. Imani Vincent (PU) def. Hannah Miller (LC) 6-2, 6-0
2. Marion Sloyan (PU) def. Journey Oden (LC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Alyssa McSpadden (PU) def. Kirsten Boyd (LC) 6-0, 6-1
4. Jordan Ballard (PU) def. Karson Troth (LC) 6-0, 6-1
5. Mia Vasher (PU) def. Olivia Dusterdieck (LC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Hollan Rabensdorf (PU) def. Leila Moss (LC) 6-0, 6-1
Order of Finish: 2,3,5,1,4,6